Searching for Books
The community structure of the Great Lakes has been impacted by alien invaders. Define the problem. Give examples.
1. Think of the different ways of saying your ideas
2. Use truncation or wildcard symbols to control for different word endings.
In the Library Catalogue, the truncation symbols are:
inva$ will find: invaders, invaders, invasion, invasions, invasive, etc.
3. Use OR to combine different words for the same concept.
4. Combine different ideas using AND.
5. Use brackets ( ) to group search terms together. Use
around terms that are combined with or.
Pick the best search strategy
© 2002 University of Toronto. All rights reserved.
Comments to BIO150Y staff